[Freedombox-discuss] plinth broken in unstable?

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sat Nov 8 23:20:24 UTC 2014

Quoting Sunil Mohan Adapa (2014-11-08 17:11:17)
> On Saturday 08 November 2014 03:48 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> [...]
>> I recommend to try use uwsgi - that allows separation of application
>> configuration from frontend web serving configuration (i.e. tuning of
>> Apache or Nginx or for development using uwsgi's own web serving).
>
> Plinth is now a WSGI application which can potentially be served by
> any WSGI compliant web server.  It is continuing to use CherryPy for
> web serving.
>
> During development, we are directly using CherryPy's web server
> without Apache/Nginx.  In end-user setup, Apache is reverse-proxying
> requests.
>
> I suppose CherryPy is serving the same purpose as uwsgi.

I suspect it is not quite same: With uWSGI you use exact same
configuration, and the applet is executed under exact same environment
(username, access rights etc.), where Apache and NGinx (and yet CherryPi
too, I guess) each require different setup to establish a WSGI
environment.