[Freedombox-discuss] Usable, affordable, oswh hardware with up-to-date kernel support?

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Thu Feb 5 17:42:58 UTC 2015

+++ Jonas Smedegaard [2015-02-05 18:01 +0100]:
> Quoting Jens Thiele (2015-02-05 17:11:36)
> > Pieter van der Eems <pieter at eemco.nl> writes:
> >> The only board that are oshw complaint on that list are the OLinuXino
> >> boards and the Radxa Rocks. They also supply direct ethernet and
> >> sata. So far so good. Here comes the problem though, non of these
> >> sbc's has an up-to-date kernel, 3.4 is the best these things can do.
> >
> > regarding OLinuXino:
> > mainline kernel and u-boot support is still wip.
> > I happily use 3.19 + some small patches to kernel and u-boot to get
> > lcd output with olinuxino a20 micro/lime2+lcd7/lcd10
> >
> > for details please see:
> > http://linux-sunxi.org/Linux_mainlining_effort
>
> Status is *not* same for OLinuXino A13 and OLinuXino A20 boards.
>
> Status is *not* same for mainline Linux and Linux in Debian testing.
>
> I believe (unverified - based on changelog notes) that at least some
> OLinuXino A13 boards are supported in the kernel now in Debian testing.

Debian-installer works out of the box on Cubieboard, cubieboard2,
Cubietruck, and with ubdated uboot on Olinuxino-LIME and
-A20-Micro. It should work on a range of A10,A13 or A20-based devices,
but may need tweakage.  Here is current status:
https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Allwinner

Please update if you have further info.

This talk at fosdem reported current status for the Allwinner devices:

https://fosdem.org/2015/schedule/event/allwinner_upstream/attachments/slides/590/export/events/attachments/allwinner_upstream/slides/590/allwinner_fosdem_2014.
(that's a pdf file (delivered as html that may confuse your browser))

Wookey
http://wookware.org/