[Freedombox-discuss] Fwd: PHC winner release

Sandy Harris sandyinchina at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 19:18:13 UTC 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jean-Philippe Aumasson <jeanphilippe.aumasson at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 1:08 PM
Subject: PHC winner release
To: "crypto-competitions at googlegroups.com"
<crypto-competitions at googlegroups.com>

I'm happy to release the Password Hashing Competition winner, Argon2:
specs and public-domain code at https://password-hashing.net/#argon2

Please report any issue with the Argon2 code (as GitHub issues
preferably), and let us know if you write bindings for another
language

A crypt(3)-like encoding format is specified in
https://github.com/P-H-C/phc-string-format/, and will be integrated in
the ref code.

Guess this officially closes PHC, so I'd like to thank everyone:
designers, panel members, mailing list posters, testers. Hope we'll
have done something useful!