[Freedombox-discuss] Debconf15: Free Communications with Free Software -- Daniel Pocock

James Valleroy jvalleroy at mailbox.org
Thu Nov 5 13:09:35 UTC 2015

> On September 9, 2015 at 4:03 AM Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com>
> wrote:
> Did you all see the recording from debconf on free real time
> communication systems,
> >.
>
> Is there a way we can get the Freedombox to include a working federated
> audio/video option?

One option could be XMPP JIngle. This doesn't require any change on the
server side, just a client that supports it.

>From our "Leaving the Cloud" wiki page, I found 3 XMPP web clients that
claim to support Jingle (but none are in Debian yet):

https://project.jappix.com/
https://movim.eu/
https://github.com/otalk/otalk-im-client

If anyone can, please try installing / using one of these, and let us know
about your experience. Then we can focus on packaging the most promising
option.

--
James