[Freedombox-discuss] Translations of Plinth

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Nov 9 05:47:23 UTC 2015

[Sunil Mohan]
> Thank you, I was getting to that.  I have also properly
> internationalized the strings that caused the problem.

Ah, good.

> You seem to have pushed to upstream/Plinth the debian/Plinth tree.  Do
> you propose to have native Debian packages instead of current
> upstream/debian model?  Or was that unintentional?

This was unintentional.  I tried to push my branch with only one commit
for the locale/ directory, and believed I was on the branch only
containing the upstream code.  Not quite sure how I managed to push the
wrong branch, but I see the problem too.  I am terribly sorry.

I'm not quite sure how to clean up the mess I created, but guess a 'git
reset' and a forced push is out of the question, and that a commit to
remove the debian directory is the only option?

>> Btw, why is the file structure locale/<lang>/LC_MESSAGES/django.po?  A
>> more common structure is to use locale/<lang>.po or similar (I've seen
>> po/ as the directory too), and this make it easier to loop over all the
>> translation files, as the language code is included in the file name.
>>

> The files are (presumably) generated using 'django-admin makemessages'.
> Django has a tiny wrapper over gettext to make a few additional things
> possible[1].  The idea is to stick with it's way of doing i18n/l10n.  It
> supports:

Right.  I guess we will keep it to avoid complicating the build, then.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen