[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox UI in your language

Sunil Mohan sunil at medhas.org
Sun Nov 15 07:05:37 UTC 2015

Hello,

The past few weeks have seen a lot of interest around localizing
FreedomBox.  One of the important pieces is the web interface for
FreedomBox and it was not completely ready for translations.  We have
fixed that, however, and the UI is now ready for translations.

For the UI, the strings are available as PO files and translation teams
can pick one of the following ways to translate:

- Commit translations directly to the Plinth Git repository.

- As part of Debian's translations efforts[1].  This is coming soon.

- By using the online Transifex[2] service.

Detailed guide on how to translate is also coming soon.  Philippe Barret
has kindly agreed to manage and guide the translation efforts.  We are
also planning to have FreedomBox 0.7 released with support for French
(at least) by the end of the month.

It is estimated that translating the UI will take approximately 1 to 2
days for about 500 strings.  Express your interest and start translating!

Links:

1) https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po/

2) https://www.transifex.com/freedombox/

--