[Freedombox-discuss] Need help with getting start

ndcd ndcdhimdsa at gmx.de
Wed Nov 25 19:22:05 UTC 2015

Thanks for the feedback. Now I have the IP address, but still no
connection to the freedombox.
I started Iceweasel without add-ins to make sure any of them does not
interfere.
Going to the IP-Address gives a
"Unable to connect

Iceweasel can't establish a connection to the server at <my-IP-Address>.

    The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in
a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy,
make sure that Iceweasel is permitted to access the Web."

Maybe this gives a clue:
$ nmap -p 80 --open -sV --system-dns 192.168.2.0/24

Starting Nmap 6.47 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2015-11-25 18:52 CET
Nmap scan report for speedport.ip (<my-IP-Address>)
Host is up (0.0020s latency).
PORT   STATE SERVICE VERSION
80/tcp open  http    Apache httpd

Service detection performed. Please report any incorrect results
at http://nmap.org/submit/ .
Nmap done: 256 IP addresses (2 hosts up) scanned in 8.69 seconds

So it finds something, is it just my router it finds?
Interestingly, as sudo it says "3 hosts up".

My configuration is in a star, i.e. the freedombox (sid) is connected
via LAN to the router and the other PC (Jessie) via WLAN to that
router.
Could it be my router is blocking something?
How can I detect, if the necessary services are running on the
freedombox?

EDIT: I just found out I can do an SSH to the freedombox:
$ ssh fbx@<IPADDRESS>
The authenticity of host '<IPADDRESS> (<IPADDRESS>)' can't be
established.
ECDSA key fingerprint is <hex-code>.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? y
Please type 'yes' or 'no': yes
Warning: Permanently added '<IPADDRESS>' (ECDSA) to the list of known
hosts.

And then I'm in.
But how do I get to Plinth? Is this Iceweasel blocking something?

Thanks again
   Dietmar

PS: sorry Sunil for sending to your mail address instead of to the list