[Freedombox-discuss] Release testing for FreedomBox 0.6

James Valleroy jvalleroy at mailbox.org
Sun Oct 18 22:51:32 UTC 2015

On 10/18/2015 10:31 AM, Sunil Mohan wrote:
> I have built and uploaded FreedomBox images for 0.6 release[1].  I also
> updated the QA page for 0.6 release[2].  Please test as well as you can.

I have run into an issue with booting 0.6 image on Dreamplug. It seems
to fail loading the initrd, and then cannot find the root file system.

To rule out hardware issues, I tested Freedombox 0.5 image again, and it
is working ok.

I also built a new image using Debian testing, which has
freedombox-setup 0.5 and plinth 0.5-1. It got to the initramfs shell,
but could not find the rootfs (no /dev/sda device). So I don't think the
issue is due to any changes to freedombox-setup, but is caused by some
other recently changed package in Debian.

I have attached the serial debug logs for each case.

--
James