[Freedombox-discuss] Live Demonstration Infrastructure

J.D. Bean jdbean at softwarefreedom.org
Tue Feb 23 17:51:13 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I've been playing with Freedombox and lurking here for a while now and
wanted to raise the issue of setting up some sort of live demonstration
instance of Freedombox for potential users/contributors to play with
before. When considering browser-based tools I find that these sorts of
demonstrations have a strong impact on my interest-level in the project
and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about making this kind of
demonstration a goal for the project?

I'm not sure what sorts of tools are used by other web app projects to
set up there demo instances and I have a hunch that setting something
like this up might present some non-negligible technical challenges.
Some examples of demo instances for web-based projects include:

* https://demo.owncloud.org/
*
http://otrs-demo.otrs.com/otrs/index.pl?Action=Login&User=2ndlevel-E&Password=otrs123
* https://demo.mailpile.is/