[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox firstboot fails to configure AP mode on otherwise-working WiFi dongles

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Wed Feb 24 18:07:58 UTC 2016

On 02/23/2016 06:11 AM, Daniel Gnoutcheff wrote:
> On 02/22/2016 02:31 PM, Daniel Gnoutcheff wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> I've been finding that when I boot a fresh freedombox with 0.7 images
>> and with a WiFi dongle installed, no WiFi AP is created.
>
> I ended up editing 05_network to get this working. Honestly, I can't
> understand how the script could have ever worked, except maybe by accident.
>
> Patch attached, HTH!

I tested this patch on an APU 1D with 3 Ethernet ports and 1 Wi-Fi
dongle.  All the network connections got configured as expected.

Earlier, due to missing Wi-Fi firmware on all but Dreamplug images, we
had to hand tweak for Wi-Fi connections in most cases.  Ethernet
interfaces were getting configured properly.

--
Sunil