[Freedombox-discuss] Challenges with Tiny Tiny RSS (tt-rss)

Bob Mottram bob at robotics.uk.to
Wed Jun 22 22:56:30 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 07:10:53PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>[Bob Mottram]
>> For anyone interested in deploying mesh nodes it's a little off-topic
>> but I've recently made some changes on the Freedombone project which
>> make deploying Batman Adv mesh nodes simple, together with supporting
>> Tox and ZeroNet communications over the mesh. You just dd the mesh image
>> to a microSD, attach Wifi dongle and boot. Unique keys get generated
>> automatically on first boot, so that each mesh node has a unique ID.
>>
>> If you have enough hardware then in an emergency or for a festival
>> you could deploy one mesh node every 5 minutes from a laptop using
>> the dd command.
>
>Where can I find more details about this?  I worked on something similar
>with RPi-nodes a while back, and they would run for a while but sooner
>or later stop working because of a corrupted file system caused by
>loosing power now and then.  Is your node resilient to such failure?

See https://github.com/bashrc/freedombone/tree/master/src

and https://github.com/bashrc/freedombone/blob/master/src/freedombone-image-customise

The freedombone-image commands are based on freedom-maker.

Tests so far havn't been very extensive. I havn't run them for weeks at
a time, but that will probably happen soon.