[Freedombox-discuss] Unattended updates not running

Nick Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 23:41:01 UTC 2016

Diederik de Haas writes:

>> Allowed origins are: ['origin=Debian','o=Debian,n=jessie,c=main'...
>
> To make it useful on a non-stable system, you'd have to provide a custom
> configuration.

That's unexpected.  In the 0.9 image, the distro_codename should be
derived from /etc/debian_version [0], which should be set to "stretch/sid",
and is in my system.  Changing /etc/debian_version to read "stretch/sid"
should fix the issue.  Maybe you're starting with an older image?

Nick

0: /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50unattended_upgrades:

// Within lines unattended-upgrades allows 2 macros whose values are
// derived from /etc/debian_version:
//   ${distro_id}            Installed origin.
//   ${distro_codename}      Installed codename (eg, "jessie")