[Freedombox-discuss] Unattended updates not running

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Sep 14 00:27:52 UTC 2016

Quoting Nick Daly (2016-09-14 01:41:01)
> Diederik de Haas writes:
>
> >> Allowed origins are: ['origin=Debian','o=Debian,n=jessie,c=main'...
> >
> > To make it useful on a non-stable system, you'd have to provide a custom
> > configuration.
>
> That's unexpected.  In the 0.9 image, the distro_codename should be
> derived from /etc/debian_version [0], which should be set to "stretch/sid",
> and is in my system.  Changing /etc/debian_version to read "stretch/sid"
> should fix the issue.  Maybe you're starting with an older image?

I believe /etc/debian_version already reads "stretch/sid" by default on
an "stretch/sid" system.

More likely the cause of experienced "doesn't do anything" is that
default setup of unattended-updates only auto-updates stable and
security updates, not all packages available in APT at a newer version.

Default setup is sensible, in my opinion!