[Freedombox-discuss] SOLVED: Unattended updates not running

znoteer at hailmail.net znoteer at hailmail.net
Wed Sep 14 03:52:20 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016, at 19:41, Nick Daly wrote:
> Diederik de Haas writes:
>
> >> Allowed origins are: ['origin=Debian','o=Debian,n=jessie,c=main'...
> >
> > To make it useful on a non-stable system, you'd have to provide a custom
> > configuration.

Yes, see below what I discovered.  I have several jessie boxes, but only
freedombox runs stable.  I guess when I uncommented the lines everything
normal.  I'll change it to stretch.

[...]
> Nick
>

> 0: /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50unattended_upgrades:
>
> // Within lines unattended-upgrades allows 2 macros whose values are
> // derived from /etc/debian_version:
> //   ${distro_id}            Installed origin.
> //   ${distro_codename}      Installed codename (eg, "jessie")

------------------ begin stdout --------------------
fbx at freebx:/etc/apt/apt.conf.d$ grep jessie 50unattended-upgrades
//   n,codename      (eg, "jessie", "jessie-updates")
//   ${distro_codename}      Installed codename (eg, "jessie")
      "o=Debian,n=jessie,c=main";
      "o=Debian,n=jessie-updates,c=main";
      "o=Debian,n=jessie-proposed-updates,c=main";
      "o=Debian,n=jessie,l=Debian-Security,c=main";
fbx at freebx:/etc/apt/apt.conf.d$

I uncommented the configuration without thinking that this was a stretch
box.

Thanks everyone,

  znoteer at hailmail.net

--