[Freedombox-discuss] Problems with Raspberry Pi2 image on RPi3? (Also, tips for install-parties)

Marco A. Calamari marcoc_maillist at marcoc.it
Sat Aug 12 15:42:00 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-08-08 at 22:30 +0200, Johannes Keyser wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> During yesterday's FreedomBox installfest at SHA2017.org,
> several
> people encountered problems installing on an RPi3: No apparent
> response (no flashing of green LED during boot), except for the
> testing image, freedombox-testing-nonfree_2017-02-02_raspberry2-
> armhf.img.
> Can anyone contradict this observation, e.g. with successful
> install
> of freedombox-stable-nonfree_2017-07-17_raspberry2-armhf.img?
> (Assuming this should be possible. I have no RPi3 to test it
> myself.)

Hi all,

I was one of people attending the SHA workshop.
Thanks to the organizers for the event.

I'm using the above image in my PI3B, and I
 can confirm being the only one that boot.

During my exploratione I attempt to move
 my freedombox from lan (eth0) to wifi
 (wlan0) but the drop down "interface"
 in "Network" appears empty, so no luck.

May I suggest to insert PI3 as build platform?
OTOH PI2 is more or less legacy hardware now...

Thanks for your awesome work!

Marco