[Freedombox-discuss] Upcoming calls

permondes - sagen sagen at permondes.de
Fri Jan 20 18:02:36 UTC 2017

Am Samstag, den 14.01.2017, 11:36 -0500 schrieb James Valleroy:
> On 01/13/2017 07:53 AM, James Valleroy wrote:
> > Just a reminder of upcoming calls:
> > - Hack call is tomorrow, Jan. 14, at 14;00 UTC.
> > - Progress call is Jan. 22 at 18:00 UTC.
> >
> > Please add any agenda items to the list:
> > https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/ProgressCalls#A.23_Next_Calls
> >

> Here are the notes from today's call:
> https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/ProgressCalls/2017-01-14
>
> One action item for everyone:
>
> In the next progress call (next Sunday), we want to put together a
> roadmap/goals for the project for the next 3 months. The reason is that,
> starting soon, there will be several people (including Sunil) able to
> work full-time on FreedomBox. So please bring your ideas!
>
> --
> James

I am not sure if I will be back in time for the call,  so here are my
thoughts for the roadmap:
- stability
- fully maintaining the FreedomBox without any access to the command
line - never
- we should have alternatives to the big "social media", so things the
non-nerd-user of today uses: e.g. Facebook-alternative Diaspora,
Twitter-alternative (not sure if we already have it, I do not use it),
Instagramm-alternative, Cloud, any ideas to substitute LinkedIn or Xing?
- nice to haves: Web browser Bookmarks (Shaarli, not in Debian any
more?), mesh networks (ideally meshing up with Freifunk and equivalents)

	Dietmar