[Freedombox-discuss] Plinth v0.13.1 released

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Jan 25 22:34:46 UTC 2017

Congratulation with the new release.  :)

One thing about the setup made me wonder:

[James Valleroy]
> - Split Chat Server (XMPP) app into Chat Server (ejabberd) and Chat
> Client (jsxc).

Given a few recent blog posts[1,2,3], I wonder if perhaps it make sense
to replace ejabberd with prosody.  Anyone know more?  I do not know much
about XMPP myself.  I've been testing the xmpp server on debian.org the
last few days, and the amount of spam messages worries me.  Will a
FreedomBox XMPP server have the same problem?

 [1] http://current.workingdirectory.net/posts/2017/encrypted-mucs/
 [2] http://www.enricozini.org/blog/2017/debian/modern-and-secure-instant-messaging
 [3] http://social.gl-como.it/display/3e3ce0df935878c72066160183048976

--