[Freedombox-discuss] Low Cost Community Wi-Fi Networks

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Thu Mar 2 18:08:20 UTC 2017

On 03/02/2017 04:03 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
[...]
> I ask partly from personal curiosity: I recall that during Siri's and my
> visit in 2015 we visited a nearby village, and stood on the roof of a
> school checking line of site for setup of an antenna there.  I wonder if
> that project was deployed too, or am delayed, or perhaps cancelled.  But
> perhaps Swecha knows better than you?

I am afraid, I can't connect to this one.  We did quite some trials
before the implementation.

> I notice in your text that an Olimex board was used.  Cool!

Certainly a +1 to OSHW there :)

> As I understand, there are few if any distributors of Olimex boards in
> India - I imagine that making some noise about this succesful deployment
> might help raise awarenes of the boards to encourage distributors to put
> those boards on the shelves: Is your report on a website somewhere?  One
> way to make noise is to pass a web page (preferrably easy consumable
> with a few pictures) to Olimex, to encourage them re-posting on their
> blog.

We did manage to find a couple of suppliers.  We almost didn't get the
metal box for the Lime2.

Will try to put the article on a website soon and connect with Olimex
folks.  Thanks for the suggestion.

--
Sunil