[Freedombox-discuss] Privoxy no longer working, no networks configured as internal (?)

A. F. Cano afc at shibaya.lonestar.org
Tue Dec 18 02:23:25 GMT 2018

hi,

I suspect this might be caused by the latest upgrade to nftables.
Firewald refused to upgrade automatically so I did it via aptitude as I
had done before, keeping the old firewalld.conf.  After checking the
differences, there were only two:

$ sudo diff /etc/firewalld/firewalld.conf /etc/firewalld/firewalld.conf.dpkg-dist
6c6
< DefaultZone=external
---
> DefaultZone=public
64c64
< FirewallBackend=nftables
---
> FirewallBackend=iptables

Looks like the new versions still default to iptables.  Should be ok to
leave the old version, but then privoxy doesn't work.

Plinth/apps/privoxy says:

Service Privoxy is not running

Privoxy is available only on internal networks.
Currently there are no network interfaces configured as internal.

Maybe some internal default in the firewalld config changed?

Is this a known issue? Has anyone else encountered this?

Plinth/sys/networks shows the firewall zone as "Internal" for the
"Freedombox LAN", so there's some internal inconsistency.

Any ideas what to check/change?

Thanks.

Augustine