[Freedombox-discuss] OrangePi hardware?

Joseph Nuthalapati njoseph at riseup.net
Tue Dec 18 07:33:21 GMT 2018

Hi Sam,

I suppose this note on the "Recommended Hardware" page answers your
question.

/> Note/: As FreedomBox is currently in the development stage,
/Supported Hardware/ means that FreedomBox images are built for said
hardware and at least one developer has reported the basic functions to
be working.

We cannot recommend it yet for two reasons:
1. No FreedomBox images have been built yet for Orange Pi
2. It hasn't been tested yet. (Depends on 1)

The tool used to build FreedomBox images is freedom-maker. If you're a
developer, you're welcome to submit a patch for Orange Pi.
https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/freedom-maker

You can still install FreedomBox on top of Armbian at your own risk, if
you have an Orange Pi. You can use the same commands as used for
installation on Debian.
https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Hardware/Debian