[Freedombox-discuss] Nftables make the FreedomBox totally inaccessible after reboot.

A. F. Cano afc at shibaya.lonestar.org
Fri Dec 28 23:17:54 GMT 2018

Hi,

I'm following up on this old thread because I've encountered another
problem caused by the nftables/iptables issue.

It was my understanding that FreedomBox now uses nftables, and the old
config file prior to the upgrade I described below had nftables.

After the latest upgrade (a couple of days ago) something must have
changed enough that plinth (0.45.0) no longer worked.  I rebooted
and then the whole FreedomBox became totally inaccessible.  No ssh,
no plinth, ping said "packet filtered".  All I could do was take the
SSD card out, mount it on another computer and change the

 FirewallBackend=nftables

 FirewallBackend=iptables

After putting the SSD card back and rebooting, everything
was back to normal.

I leave the old issue below for completeness.

Augustine