[Freedombox-discuss] Help getting hardware in EU

Kruffalon kruffalon at ingivel.se
Sat Feb 3 11:04:19 UTC 2018

Hello fbx :)

(Not a member of the list please include me in your replies.)

I've been following the development of freedombox for a few years and now I want to get started using one.

I understand I'm not the target audience for fbx just yet, but I really want to give it a try as I think it's an amazing project and idea.

I'm fairly intimidated by purchasing hardware since I don't have the knowledge (or confidence) to get it right or the money to make big mistakes.

So I'm asking you for help to order a set of hardware  (including all the necessary cables, a box and a libre wifi-thingy) from one provider within the EU to just assemble and then I can get started.

I think olimex.com looks good but if you have other suggestions I'm up for that.

I've been looking at the A20-OLinuXino-Lime2 and -MICRO (I don't understand what's different in the two models) since they seem to be the most libre options and very cheap too.

I understand if this is too much to ask but I will appreciate your help.

I'm not looking for replies that tell me to rtfm (however kindly phrased) or to wait a bit longer. I've done that (for at least 2 years) and this is as far as I get with my meager knowledge of hardware.

If I manage to get a good suggestion I will document my progress to make a beginners guide for the project.

Hopefully,
Tomas