[Freedombox-discuss] search engine Yacy

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Tue Jul 10 10:45:20 BST 2018

Hi dns1983,

Quoting dns1983 at riseup.net (2018-07-10 09:41:15)
> excuse my bad english. What do you think about yacy.net?
>
> It seems to me, a true decentralized search engine, do you think It's
> possible to implemet It on freedombox?

FreedomBox is a subset of Debian.  That means, for a software project to
get included in FreedomBox it needs to be packaged for Debian.  A list
of projects considered (or not) for FreedomBox and their status of
integration is at https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/LeavingTheCloud

Yacy is listed there, but judged too heavy.

Above is a wiki page - please feel free to add more suggestions there!