[Freedombox-discuss] search engine Yacy

Stefan Monnier monnier at IRO.UMontreal.CA
Tue Jul 10 14:38:28 BST 2018

> integration is at https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/LeavingTheCloud
> Yacy is listed there, but judged too heavy.

I used to run Yacy on a FitPC2 (1GB of RAM, 1.6GHz Intel Atom), but it
was problematic: I think it's OK to run it on a 1GB machine, but you
can't run anything else alongside (I was trying to use the machine for
other things at the same time).

Note that the above page lists Gitlab and Redmine without any "too
heavy" side-note, even though both systems announce a hardware
requirement of 4GB IIUC (and from what I hear Gitlab needs 2GB to run
tolerably).

So, maybe the FreedomBox project should clarify what is considered "too
heavy".

        Stefan