[Freedombox-discuss] search engine Yacy

Stefan Monnier monnier at IRO.UMontreal.CA
Tue Jul 10 15:12:46 BST 2018

>> I used to run Yacy on a FitPC2 (1GB of RAM, 1.6GHz Intel Atom), but it
>> was problematic: I think it's OK to run it on a 1GB machine, but you
>> can't run anything else alongside (I was trying to use the machine for
>> other things at the same time).
>>
>> Note that the above page lists Gitlab and Redmine without any "too
>> heavy" side-note, even though both systems announce a hardware
>> requirement of 4GB IIUC (and from what I hear Gitlab needs 2GB to run
>> tolerably).
>>
>> So, maybe the FreedomBox project should clarify what is considered
>> "too heavy".
>
> Thanks for sharing that valuable info.  Please consider editing the
> wiki: The FreedomBox project are those who volunteer to do the work.

Not sure what edit you're thinking of, because I don't think I should
put my opinion in there (I'd rather try and stick to facts).

IOW in order to know what to put into the wiki, we'd first have to see
what are people's opinion on what "too heavy" means for our community.

        Stefan