[Freedombox-discuss] search engine Yacy

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Tue Jul 10 22:49:37 BST 2018

Quoting dns1983 at riseup.net (2018-07-10 19:19:27)
> Yes, you're right
>
> but why preclude the possibility to use an laptop for example?
> It costs a bit more than a low power box but have much more
> computational power and a very low power consumption.
>
> I was only thinking that include some laptops, with Intel ME disabled,
> wasn't a bad idea

That's an excellent idea - related but *different* from FreedomBox.

I am devoted to developing Debian, exactly because then I am not limited
to using it for FreedomBox, but can piece it together in numerous other
ways too - including refurbished old laptops which is saving the World
in different ways more fun to tinker folks, where FreedomBox is targeted
folks just wanting a turnkey solution without tinkering (sure, us
developers have fun tinkering with its development, as we always do)..