[Freedombox-discuss] Radicale not available on Lime2

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sat Jun 2 11:05:05 BST 2018

Excerpts from Robert Pollak's message of juni 2, 2018 11:37 am:
> Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>> You can subscribe to development changes for the Radicale package at
>> <https://tracker.debian.org/radicale> [...]
>>
>> Or for the specific issue holding back Radicale from entering
>> testing, you can follow <https://bugs.debian.org/864746>.
>
> Thank you, Jonas, I did all of this.
>
> Bug 864746 is about a missing data conversion path. Since I have no
> data yet, it seems like a bad idea to start with stable, thus creating
> all my future data in an obsolete format.
>
> Joseph alternatively suggested to me to stay on testing, but
> temporarily switch to unstable to install Radicale, as described in
> FAQ #5 of https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/plinth/snippets/29
> . Do you (as Debian package maintainer) agree to this idea?

If you - "in Freedombox spirit" as you put it yourself - want a stable
system, then don't infect it with non-stable parts.

If you want all your future data in non-obsolete formats then use
unstable+experimental.  I would not call that non-obsolete, though: I
would call that "the bleeding edge".

Enjoy!