[Freedombox-discuss] command line navigate folders

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Fri Jun 8 11:19:12 BST 2018

On Thursday 07 June 2018 12:18 AM, ni nhar wrote:
> Free freedombox on
> beaglebone black revison c
>
> If the ip of the freedombox is 1.1.1.1 and username is box and psswd is 123
> then
> command
> ssh box at 1.1.1.1 <mailto:box at 1.1.1.1> will log me in.

Yes. 'box' user should be an admin of FreedomBox for this to succeed.

> Should I write
> sudo box at 1.1.1.1?

After you login as above into FreedomBox, you can run the following
command to become root user:

box at freedombox$ sudo su -

> How do I navigate the folders?
> ls does nothing.
> sudo ls does nothing.

You probably don't have any files in your home directory. Try 'ls /' or
'ls -a'.

If you are unfamiliar with command line, please be careful, especially
when you run sudo commands.

--
Sunil