[Freedombox-discuss] Hosting emails at home

Dashamir Hoxha dashohoxha at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 13:31:25 BST 2018

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 2:16 PM, Natanael Arndt <arndtn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Im using workaround.org ispmail tutorial. Its been around for a while and
> it always uses debian stable
>
> https://workaround.org/ispmail
>
> It has an ansible repo at the end of the tutorial. Which is what i
> integrated in my server ansible repo. Quite complete from my pov
>

> So far did not have the time to setup my own mail server but my research
> gave the following promising results:
> - https://mailinabox.email/
> - https://sealedabstract.com/code/nsa-proof-your-e-mail-in-2-hours/
> - https://github.com/tomav/docker-mailserver
> now also all of your suggestions can be added to my list :-)

I have come across these:
 - https://iredmail.org/
 - https://www.own-mailbox.com/
 - https://leap.se/en/docs/platform/services/mx

A few years ago I tried to setup a mail server on Google Cloud, using
iRedMail,
only to find out that Google Clod blocks the email ports.
Has anybody tried to setup a mail server on a VPS on the cloud?
What would you recommend?

Thanks,
Dashamir