[Freedombox-discuss] Error installing mediawiki

James Valleroy jvalleroy at mailbox.org
Sun Jun 10 16:23:38 BST 2018

On 06/10/2018 08:10 AM, permondes - sagen wrote:
>> I am going through the source code of Plinth now. actions > mediawiki
>> apperently assumes that LocalSettings.php is located at
>> '/var/lib/mediawiki/LocalSettings.php', which is where I have the broken link
>> to /etc. So where is this file supposed to be generated? Already in the dpkg
>> of mediawiki? In that case, something must have gone wrong there. Any ideas
>> how to further investigate this issue?
>> I'd loved to have a wiki on my box.

/etc/mediawiki/LocalSettings.php is generated by mediawiki's install.php script,
which is triggered by plinth's mediawiki setup action. But it's only run if
/var/lib/mediawiki-db/my_wiki.sqlite does not already exist.

I was able to re-generate /etc/mediawiki/LocalSettings.php with these steps:

$ sudo mv /var/lib/mediawiki-db/my_wiki.sqlite
/var/lib/mediawiki-db/my_wiki.sqlite.backup

$ sudo /usr/share/plinth/actions/mediawiki setup

Regards,
James