[Freedombox-discuss] Raspberry Pi image and wiki page instructions

James Valleroy jvalleroy at mailbox.org
Sat Mar 17 12:52:32 UTC 2018

On 03/17/2018 06:15 AM, Sébastien Barthélémy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to try out freedombox on an old Raspberry Pi that I have.
>
> (I know that the Pi is under-powered for serious freedombox use, I do
> not plan to use it seriously).
>
> On the RaspberryPi page [1], it is written that images for the Pi are
> available.
> However I could not find one on the downloads page [2]. I only see a
> "Raspberry Pi 2" image.
>
> Would this image work on the Pi 1?

No. But there is a RPi 1 image in this folder:
https://ftp.freedombox.org/pub/freedombox/stable-2017.06/
It's not listed on the web site yet, but could be added.

However, there is 1 significant problem with this image: it doesn't use
a Debian-packaged kernel, but instead the kernel is installed by
rpi-update. As such, the kernel is not automatically upgraded either, so
you should re-run rpi-update occasionally.

--
James