[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox doesn't appear on my network after installation

Sébastien Barthélémy barthelemy at crans.org
Mon Nov 12 00:29:44 GMT 2018

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 12:44 AM franken.tunui at gmail.com <
franken.tunui at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you, I'll probably give it a try in a couple days, if I get to
understand everything...
> Do I just plug in a keyboard and screen to the Lime2?

You can, at your choice

* plug a screen and a keyboard,
* use a serial cable (I use this one
https://www.olimex.com/Products/Components/Cables/USB-Serial-Cable/USB-Serial-Cable-F
)
* connect as root using SSH.

(Reference:
https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/#how-to-login)

> And last question, if I install to eMMC will I be able to uninstall
everything from the eMMC later when a valid FreedomBox image is available.

Yes erasing the eMMC is possible (disclaimer: I have not done it yet). And
by the way, you can install to eMMC, but you don't have to.