[Freedombox-discuss] Summary of FreedomBox Foundation Summit

Danny Haidar haidar at freedomboxfoundation.org
Tue Nov 20 21:21:47 GMT 2018

Hi everyone,

As you may recall, last week the FreedomBox Foundation invited Sunil
Mohan Adapa and James Valleroy to New York City for a full day of
discussions. Since we are in a watershed moment in the history of
FreedomBox, we wanted to get the core developers and our staff together
to discuss the main challenges facing the FreedomBox community.

Thanks goes to James and Sunil for making the trip to New York. And
thanks to everyone who attended the virtual Q&A session with Eben Moglen
last week. We feel very optimistic about the progress we made at the
summit and look forward to continuing the discussions.

For those who couldn't attend, we've just published a summary of the
proceedings of the summit, which is attached to this email. You can also
download a PDF here: https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/FreedomBoxFoundation

We want this summary document to allow everyone to learn about the
discussions we started last week. And we also want it to serve as a call
to action. If you are interested in learning what we talked about and
being a part of our future, make sure you read this document!

There's a lot of work ahead of us, so let's keep moving forward!

Best,

Danny

--
Danny Haidar*
Vice-President for Product & Development

* Not admitted to practice in any jurisdiction.
Nothing in this email constitutes legal advice.
I cannot establish any attorney-client relationships.