[Freedombox-discuss] Upgrade 19.1 to 19.13

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Sat Aug 10 00:59:13 BST 2019

On 09/08/19 12:52 pm, permondes - sagen wrote:
[...]
> Just
>> WARNING package default-mysql-server upgradable but fails to be marked for upgrade ()
> still remains.
>
> Doing a dist-upgrade, I receive the following message (in German but I
> am sure you could read it; translated by myself):
>> following package was installed automatically and is not needed any more:
>>   libjemalloc1
>> Verwenden Sie »sudo apt autoremove«, um es zu entfernen.
>> Following packages will be REMOVED:
>>   mariadb-client-10.1 mariadb-client-core-10.1 mariadb-server-10.1
>> mariadb-server-core-10.1
>> Following NEW packages will be installed:
>>   libsnappy1v5 mariadb-client-10.3 mariadb-client-core-10.3
>> mariadb-server-10.3 mariadb-server-core-10.3
>> Following packages will be upgraded:
>>   default-mysql-server exim4-config exim4-daemon-light libzmq5
>> linux-libc-dev python-django-common python3-django

Looks like mariadb 10.1 will be removed and mariadb 10.3 will be
installed. If I remember correctly from my earlier days of mysql usage,
the databases will be automatically upgraded to latest format if any
change is necessary. Just to be sure, take a full backup all database
using mysqldump and then go ahead with the upgrade.

> By the way, would discuss.freedombox.org be the right place for these
> topics or this discussion forum?

Either place is fine depending on your comfort. Most of the support
discussion has been happening there with a significant increase in volume.

[...]

--
Sunil