[Freedombox-discuss] Upgrade 19.1 to 19.13

permondes - sagen sagen at permondes.de
Fri Aug 9 20:52:00 BST 2019

Am Freitag, den 09.08.2019, 08:58 -0700 schrieb Sunil Mohan Adapa:
> On 09/08/19 7:28 am, permondes - sagen wrote:
> > So now I have the upgrade to 19.13. There are some apps that say in
> > plinth that they require update: Syncthing, Searx (which is also
> > deactivated), Matrix.
> > Clicking on the "Send Data" I receive the following error:
> > Error during installation E: The repository 'http://security.debian
> > .org
> > testing/updates Release' no longer has a Release file. E:
> > Repository
> > 'http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian testing InRelease' changed its
> > 'Codename' value from 'buster' to 'bullseye'
> >
> > Actually, I want to stay on the stable + backports path.
> >
> > Oh, I just see, sources.lst shows "testing". Can I manually change
> > it to
> > stable and add backports?
> > However, 50unattended-upgrades uses ${distro_codename}  and
> > 60unattended-upgrades uses backports. Is sources.lst not used
> > unless I
> > do an apt upgrade?
> >
> > I am confused
>
> You have been on 'testing' since before Buster was released. When
> Buster
> was released 'testing' distribution's codename changed from 'buster'
> 'bullseye'. This means since the release of Buster your system did
> not
> installed any new packages. Which is sort of nice since you now want
> be on 'stable' + 'backports'. Go ahead and change 'testing' to
> 'stable'
> in you sources.list. FreedomBox takes care of 'backports' part with
> only
> very selective packages allowed for upgrade to backports.
>
> Also you need to run 'apt update' manually on the command line and
> accept the prompt to change the codename. More information was posted
> in
> the forum[1].
>
> https://discuss.freedombox.org/t/on-the-error-installing-application-
> message-on-your-olimex-device/311
>
> After this, let FreedomBox restart and the apps that have been asked
> for
> update should automatically update and continue to work. Report back
> if
> you face problems after that.

Thanks Sunil,

(I have been about to submit this mail 2 hours ago when suddenly my box
froze (plinth and ssh not responding). I let it "cook" for a while
because I thought it might be busy but now I did a hard reset as
nothing had changed).

that resolved the issue with the updates and apparently also with
libpam from my other mail.

Just
> WARNING package default-mysql-server upgradable but fails to be
> marked for upgrade ()
still remains.

Doing a dist-upgrade, I receive the following message (in German but I
am sure you could read it; translated by myself):
> following package was installed automatically and is not needed any
> more:
>   libjemalloc1
> Verwenden Sie »sudo apt autoremove«, um es zu entfernen.
> Following packages will be REMOVED:
>   mariadb-client-10.1 mariadb-client-core-10.1 mariadb-server-10.1
> mariadb-server-core-10.1
> Following NEW packages will be installed:
>   libsnappy1v5 mariadb-client-10.3 mariadb-client-core-10.3 mariadb-
> server-10.3 mariadb-server-core-10.3
> Following packages will be upgraded:
>   default-mysql-server exim4-config exim4-daemon-light libzmq5 linux-
> libc-dev python-django-common python3-django

By the way, would discuss.freedombox.org be the right place for these
topics or this discussion forum?

I will probably buy a new microSD card and set the box up from scratch
next week. Having been one of the first adopters and having tempered
with the system a bit there might have been some issue accumulated.

	Dietmar