[Freedombox-discuss] Plinth not starting after upgrading to Buster

Dieter dieter at sarina-ist-doof.de
Sun Aug 11 19:08:54 BST 2019

Hello James,

thank you for your help, that file was existing and containes the lines
you mentioned.

I found the problem earlier today.

In the postinst script of plinth i found:

# Due to a change in sudo, now it runs PAM modules even on password-less
# invocations. This leads to plinth not being able to run root
privileges. This
# is because of our own restrictions in /etc/security/access.conf. Since
Plinth
# is locked out after upgrade, we need to do this in postinst.
sed -i 's+-:ALL EXCEPT root fbx (admin) (sudo):ALL+-:ALL EXCEPT root fbx
plinth (admin) (sudo):ALL+' /etc/security/access.conf

however, the sed line was not correctly executed it seems, as the lines
it probably should remove from access.conf were still there in my
configuration.

I've removed these lines, now everything is working as expected.

Oh and, the sed line is supposed to remove the text, right? ;)

Thanks!

Dieter