[Freedombox-discuss] Announcing my departure

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Fri Dec 13 00:26:51 GMT 2019

On 12/12/19 11:15 am, Danny Haidar wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I’m writing to share some news. At the end of December 2019, I will
> be departing from my position at the FreedomBox Foundation.
>
> Ever since I started working at the FreedomBox Foundation in June
> 2017, I’ve been guided by your voices. And thanks to you--the
> contributors throughout the world--the project is now in the best
> shape it has ever been in. The FreedomBox community is vibrant and
> growing, and the number of newcomers I see on our forum makes me
> optimistic about the project’s future.
>
> Ever since I shared this news with the FreedomBox Foundation and
> the FreedomBox core team, we’ve been planning for the transition.
> I’ll do my best to ensure that my departure is minimally disruptive
> to the project’s operations.
>
> My last day in the office is Monday, December 23rd, 2019. After
> that, I will no longer be the point of the contact for the
> FreedomBox Foundation. If you want to reach the FreedomBox
> Foundation, please email info at freedomboxfoundation.org.
>
> I'm grateful for my time with you. All the people I’ve worked
> with—from core team members and Debian elders to new contributors
> and new users—have made me confident that the project is in good
> hands.

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your incredible
contributions to the project. I would like to call out the many areas
of your contributions including handling foundation's matters, herding
community contributors, shaping project policy, highlighting
priorities, networking with friends of the project, establishing
hardware partners, inspiring talks at numerous venues, contributions
to feature/design discussions, your pull requests to code and
supporting our users.

Needless to say, your potential replacement at the foundation has some
big shoes to fill. I wish you all the best for your future plans.

Thank you!

- --
Sunil