[Freedombox-discuss] Announcing my departure

James Valleroy jvalleroy at mailbox.org
Sat Dec 14 12:11:50 GMT 2019

>> On 12/12/19 11:15 am, Danny Haidar wrote:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>
>>> I’m writing to share some news. At the end of December 2019, I will
>>> be departing from my position at the FreedomBox Foundation.
>>
>>> Ever since I started working at the FreedomBox Foundation in June
>>> 2017, I’ve been guided by your voices. And thanks to you--the
>>> contributors throughout the world--the project is now in the best
>>> shape it has ever been in. The FreedomBox community is vibrant and
>>> growing, and the number of newcomers I see on our forum makes me
>>> optimistic about the project’s future.

I would just like to add:

Whenever we had an idea, Danny was always willing to say "yes, let's try that". From launching the pioneer kit, to setting up the forums, to organizing the hackathon, to starting the contributor invite program, he has provided a great example of what servant-leadership looks like.

Thanks, Danny!

Regards,
James