[Freedombox-discuss] Newbie setting up basic configuration

Jon Carriel joncarriel at protonmail.com
Mon Feb 25 02:54:07 GMT 2019

Hi!  It's day 3 of my playing around here, and the goal is to get basic configuration right, rather than to deal with lots of new apps.

I first want the system to recognize and work with the hardware, software, and gizmos that I already have:
- HP Pavilion desktop PC, running Windows 7
- Asus laptop, running Windows 7
- Mini-iPad, running current Apple OS

Does the printer have to be noted, or is it used through remote control of the Windows PC?

Ditto the external hard drives (which are encrypted using TrueCrypt 7.1a)?

Of the System Configuration apps, I figured even I could handle Date & Time and Software Upgrades:  done.

My immediate issue is:  of the other sys config apps, what should be my priorities, given my present limited goals?

They're listed in alphbetical order, which makes me worried that I could set things up inefficiently, and perhaps counter-productively.

All suggestions will be welcome!  Thanks again,  JON