[Freedombox-discuss] Radicale disabled

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Tue Feb 26 20:27:33 GMT 2019

On 26/02/19 6:34 am, Robert Pollak wrote:
[...]
> I got into this situation by seeing my auto-updates fail due to
> out-of-memory, then rebooting, then triggering an update (to 19.0) via
> web GUI.
> Does this sound wrong?
> I am now at 19.1 by resolving the Radicale configuration conflicts by
> hand, keeping the currently-installed version.

Umm... I does not sound wrong. Just that the situation and our handling
of it is messy.

> Thank you, Sunil, for this documentation. I have now worked through
> these steps. I saw one smaller inaccuracy: the "mkdir
> /root/radicale-migration" is superfluous:
>> root at freedombox:~# mkdir /root/radicale-migration
>> root at freedombox:~# python -m radicale --export-storage=/root/radicale-migration
>> INFO: Exporting storage for Radicale 2.0.0 to '/root/radicale-migration'
>> ERROR: Can't create '/root/radicale-migration' directory: Destination path '/root/radicale-migration' already exists
>
> The directory /root/radicale-migration/ is created by the export instead
> (just containing a subdirectory collection-root/ ).
>
> I see something strange, however:
> The migration steps created a directory
> /var/lib/radicale/collections/collections-root/collection-root/,
> containing subdirectories for my users. But there is already another
> directory /var/lib/radicale/collections/collection-root/, also
> containing user subdirectories (but with far less data inside).

These errors were the result of me writing the instruction from memory
and not fully testing. I updated the manual page now.

> So it seems that /root/radicale-migration/collection-root/ should have
> been merged into /var/lib/radicale/collections/collection-root/ instead.
> Am I right?

collection-root directory does not exist until radicale2 is installed
and started. I updated the manual for this too.

> But the worst is: now after these migration steps all my family phones'
> calendars were emptied when syncing.
> So I removed my old DAVx5 accounts, and when I new create a new account
> on my phone with either of
> https://<my.freedombox.address>
> https://<my.freedombox.address>/radicale/
> https://<my.freedombox.address>/radicale/<myUsername>/
> , I never get any calendars or address books offered for synchronization
> any more - not even my own! (Even after manually triggering "new
> detection".)
> (The first URL variant as suggested by
> https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/plinth/issues/1279#note_66739)

I believe I tested this case were I added contacts to radicale 1.x,
performed the upgrade to 2.x and the calendars did show up (at least in
the case where I re-added the account using DAVx5).

Not sure what happened in your case.

Thanks for investigation and fixes.

--
Sunil