[Freedombox-discuss] Radicale disabled

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Wed Feb 27 00:24:35 GMT 2019

On 26/02/19 1:11 pm, Robert Pollak wrote:
[...]
>> Umm... I does not sound wrong. Just that the situation and our handling
>> of it is messy.
>
> Yes, the situation was messy - I should have tried to find out the cause
> of the memory consumption. When you also call my handling messy, do you
> mean this? (No offense taken.)

:) Not at all. I meant the solution we implemented for handling the
migration was not ideal (despite some heroic efforts from our
developers). Sorry for the ambiguity there.

This got me thinking that running updates from FreedomBox UI should not
lead to problems with packages requiring conffile prompts. I considered
creating an issue for this and I checked the code. We are running
`unattended-upgrades -v` which should not have touched radicale (due to
upgrade from 1.x to 2.x requiring a conffile prompt). Perhaps the UI
upgrade button is not what lead to the problem?

[...]
> I understand. I was only confused by Vincent calling your instructions
> 'accurate' in an earlier mail :-)
> While you're at it, can you please also fix one remaining
> "collections-root" to "collection-root" (without 's') in the 'cp' line?
> But maybe no one else than me will need those instructions any more ...

Oops! Missed that one. Fixed now. Thanks again.

--
Sunil