[Freedombox-discuss] Error while building BeagleBoard image with freedom-maker

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Wed Jan 2 22:14:28 GMT 2019

On 02/01/19 5:21 am, Emmanuel Kasper wrote:
> Hi
> Using freedom-maker  0.20 from buster I get the following error:
>
> install_package
> [55/1405]    run_in_chroot(state, ['apt-get', 'install', '-y', package])
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/freedommaker/library.py", line
> 63, in r
> un_in_chroot
>
>     return run(*args, **kwargs)
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/freedommaker/library.py", line
> 57, in r
> un
>     return cliapp.runcmd(*args, **kwargs)
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/cliapp/runcmd.py", line 64, in
> runcmd
>     raise cliapp.AppException(msg)
> cliapp.app.AppException: Command failed: chroot /tmp/tmp564hmfla apt-get
> insta
> ll -y freedombox-setup
>
> b'Reading package lists...\nBuilding dependency tree...\nSome packages
> could n
> ot be installed. This may mean that you have\nrequested an impossible
> situatio
> n or if you are using the unstable\ndistribution that some required
> packages h
> ave not yet been created\nor been moved out of Incoming.\nThe following
> inform
> ation may help to resolve the situation:\n\nThe following packages have
> unmet
> dependencies:\n freedombox-setup : Depends: freedombox (> 0.45.0) but it
> is no
> t installable\n'
>

> is that a known issue ? am I missing something ?
>
> I indeed see that there is no freedombox package in the archive:
>
> rmadison freedombox
> nothing
>
> BTW otherwise the latest stable BeagleBone Black image from
> https://freedombox.org/download/stable/ works fine here

Yesterday, a newer version of freedombox-setup package depending on
'freedombox' package was uploaded to unstable. The corresponding package
that it depends on is in the process of getting uploaded to unstable.

Please build an image using 'testing' instead of 'unstable' (by passing
--distribution=testing as option to freedom-maker) or wait for a couple
of days until 'freedombox' package is available in unstable.

Thanks,

--
Sunil