[Freedombox-discuss] Error while building BeagleBoard image with freedom-maker

Emmanuel Kasper manu at debian.org
Wed Jan 2 13:21:21 GMT 2019

Hi
Using freedom-maker  0.20 from buster I get the following error:

install_package
[55/1405]    run_in_chroot(state, ['apt-get', 'install', '-y', package])

  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/freedommaker/library.py", line
63, in r
un_in_chroot

    return run(*args, **kwargs)

  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/freedommaker/library.py", line
57, in r
un
    return cliapp.runcmd(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/cliapp/runcmd.py", line 64, in
runcmd
    raise cliapp.AppException(msg)
cliapp.app.AppException: Command failed: chroot /tmp/tmp564hmfla apt-get
insta
ll -y freedombox-setup

b'Reading package lists...\nBuilding dependency tree...\nSome packages
could n
ot be installed. This may mean that you have\nrequested an impossible
situatio
n or if you are using the unstable\ndistribution that some required
packages h
ave not yet been created\nor been moved out of Incoming.\nThe following
inform
ation may help to resolve the situation:\n\nThe following packages have
unmet
dependencies:\n freedombox-setup : Depends: freedombox (> 0.45.0) but it
is no
t installable\n'

is that a known issue ? am I missing something ?

I indeed see that there is no freedombox package in the archive:

rmadison freedombox
nothing

BTW otherwise the latest stable BeagleBone Black image from
https://freedombox.org/download/stable/ works fine here

Manu

Emmanuel