[Freedombox-discuss] New images published for Raspberry Pi 2 and Raspberry Pi 3

Steven Ng steveng5 at protonmail.com
Sun Jan 6 00:12:41 GMT 2019

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Thursday, January 3, 2019 9:43 AM, mray <mail at mray.de> wrote:

> On 02.01.19 13:29, mray wrote:
>
> > On 31.12.18 13:51, Joseph Nuthalapati wrote:
> >
> > > It has been reported that the FreedomBox testing images for Raspberry Pi
> > > 2 and 3 fail to boot up.
> > > This issue has been fixed in freedom-maker in the following patch.
> > > https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/freedom-maker/merge_requests/161
> > > New testing images built with the latest freedom-maker have been
> > > uploaded. You can download them from the website at
> > > https://freedombox.org/download/testing/
> > > I've triggered a new testing build for Raspberry Pi 3B+ as well, but I
> > > don't have the board to test it. If you have the board and can test the
> > > latest testing build, please reply to this thread with your findings.
> > > Please note that due to a bug in the firewalld package, your FreedomBox
> > > will not be detected on the network after first boot. Allow it 5 to 10
> > > minutes to do the first setup and reboot (pull the plug and connect it
> > > back). You should be able to access the FreedomBox web interface after this.
> > >
> > > Freedombox-discuss mailing list
> > > Freedombox-discuss at alioth-lists.debian.net
> >
> > Raspberry2 builds now boot for me.
>
> But after a reboot FreedomBox does not come up again.

I was unable to boot on a Raspberry Pi 3B+. I connected a montior to the HDMI port. I saw the RPI attempt to boot the kernel

I've done my best to transcribe what I saw from video I shot of the monitor

    Net:    No ethernet found.
    starting USB...
    USB0: scanning bus 0 for devices... 4 USB device(s) found
         scanning usb for storage devices... 0 Storage device(s) found
    Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
    switch to perform #0, OK
    mmc0 is current device
    Scanning mmc 0:2...
    Found U-Boot script /boot.scr
    2904 bytes read in 1ms (2.8 MiB/s)
    ## Executing script at 02400000
    4203008 bytes read in 188 ms (21.3 MiB/s)
    13637 bytes read in 4 ms (3.3 MiB/s)

Screen clears

    [    13.227158] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: firmware: failed to load brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.bin (-2)
    [    13.227531] firmware_class: See https://wiki.debian.org/Firmware for information about missing firmware