[Freedombox-discuss] New images published for Raspberry Pi 2 and Raspberry Pi 3

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Sun Jan 6 03:41:41 GMT 2019

On 05/01/19 4:12 pm, Steven Ng wrote:
[...]
> I was unable to boot on a Raspberry Pi 3B+. I connected a montior to the HDMI port. I saw the RPI attempt to boot the kernel
>
> I've done my best to transcribe what I saw from video I shot of the monitor
>
>     Net:    No ethernet found.
>     starting USB...
>     USB0: scanning bus 0 for devices... 4 USB device(s) found
>          scanning usb for storage devices... 0 Storage device(s) found
>     Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
>     switch to perform #0, OK
>     mmc0 is current device
>     Scanning mmc 0:2...
>     Found U-Boot script /boot.scr
>     2904 bytes read in 1ms (2.8 MiB/s)
>     ## Executing script at 02400000
>     4203008 bytes read in 188 ms (21.3 MiB/s)
>     13637 bytes read in 4 ms (3.3 MiB/s)
>

> Screen clears
>

>     [    13.227158] brcmfmac mmc1:0001:1: firmware: failed to load brcm/brcmfmac43455-sdio.bin (-2)
>     [    13.227531] firmware_class: See https://wiki.debian.org/Firmware for information about missing firmware

It appears that firmware, u-boot and kernel have all started properly. I
am not sure if output to HDMI after kernel starts is really working. You
should really only expect the machine to show up on the network and
FreedomBox interface to be available.

Also due to a known recent firewalld bug, you will need to restart the
board after about 10m and expect the board to be available on the
network only during the second run.

--
Sunil