[Freedombox-discuss] Raspberry Pi 3B+ Error on OpenVPN Installation

Steven Ng steveng5 at protonmail.com
Sun Jan 6 10:16:00 GMT 2019

WIth a fresh image of Raspberry Pi 3B+, I attempted to install OpenVPN on the RPi3B+.

I saw
    "Installing openvpn, easy-rsa: downloading"

followed by
    "Installing openvpn, easy-rsa"

then error message "Error installing application: Error during installation E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem."

I launched an SSH session and performed the dpkg command, waited for that command to complete, then returned to the Web interface and was able to successfully install OpenVPN.

Should the user wait longer before attempting to install apps?  At which point should this wait occur in the instructions? I realize that this image is still under development, but thought you should be aware of my experience.

Best regards,
Steven Ng