[Freedombox-discuss] Installation of TT-RSS on Beagle Bone Black Failed But Found a Workaround

Steven Ng steveng5 at protonmail.com
Mon Jan 14 22:47:39 GMT 2019

I attempted to install TT-RSS on the Beagle Bone Black with Testing. Installation failed with the following error message:
Error installing application: ('ttrss', '', 'Traceback (most recent call last):\n File "/usr/share/plinth/actions/ttrss", line 146, in <module>\n main()\n File "/usr/share/plinth/actions/ttrss", line 142, in main\n subcommand_method(arguments)\n File "/usr/share/plinth/actions/ttrss", line 81, in subcommand_setup\n enable_api_access()\n File "/usr/share/plinth/actions/ttrss", line 101, in enable_api_access\n database=database, user=user, password=password, host=host)\n File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/psycopg2/__init__.py", line 130, in connect\n conn = _connect(dsn, connection_factory=connection_factory, **kwasync)\npsycopg2.OperationalError: could not connect to server: Connection refused\n\tIs the server running on host "localhost" (::1) and accepting\n\tTCP/IP connections on port 5432?\ncould not connect to server: Connection refused\n\tIs the server running on host "localhost" (127.0.0.1) and accepting\n\tTCP/IP connections on port 5432?\n\n')

However, I found a workaround. If I install TT-RSS as one of the first applications it will install successfully.  If, on the other hand, if I install an indeterminate number other apps before TT-RSS, I'll get the above error.