[Freedombox-discuss] OpenVPN Installation on Beagle Bone Black locks out web access

Steven Ng steveng5 at protonmail.com
Thu Jan 24 01:27:52 GMT 2019

I moved the testing of this over to the RaspberryPi B+ where I have been able to recreate the problem.  Anyway, I made the fixes to the firewalld internal configuration. I'm able to connect to OpenVPN, but can't access anything beyond the FreedomBox.  I have one more observation.  In the system network configuration page for tun0, it shows under Security:

Firewall Zone is "None" with the error message:

"This interface is not maintained by FreedomBox. Its security status is unknown to FreedomBox. Many FreedomBox services may not be available on this interface. It is recommended that you deactivate or delete this connection and re-configure it."

How should the firewall zones be configured for OpenVPN.  This used to work for me I installed FreedomBox Stable under Raspian.

Best,
Steven

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.