[Freedombox-discuss] Occasional freezes

permondes - sagen sagen at permondes.de
Thu Jan 31 08:53:38 GMT 2019

Oh Sh....Swap files are not allowed on btrfs
manpages say:
> swapon may not work correctly when using a swap file with some
> versions  of btrfs. This is due to btrfs being a copy-on-write
> filesystem: the  file location may not be static and corruption can
> result. Btrfs actively  disallows the use of swap files on its
> filesystems by refusing to map the  file.

So I have to generate a swap partition on a micro-SD card. I think to
have read this was discouraged because wear leveling was then
inefficient.
I would put a remark in our hardware section to avoid devices with <1
GB RAM.I will do this after I am sure my issues come from running out
of RAM.
	Dietmar