[Freedombox-discuss] Occasional freezes

permondes - sagen sagen at permondes.de
Thu Jan 31 13:39:00 GMT 2019

I have now zram-tools installed and running. Contrarily to the
documentation, a 256 MB memory (using 137 MB of real RAM) is set up. I
checked the bash script, it's the defaul if the config file is not
changed.SWAP is now used to 25 %; my impression is the device is
running quicker now, even though I have Coquelicot re-enabled and also
other apps I have been using. I will report if I run in issues in the
future.
So my recommendation as a quick solution is to enable zram by default,
maybe reducing the size a bit. Still, a 2nd swap with lower priority
should be added on the SD-card if RAM is not sufficient, in my opinion.
	Dietmar